Re: Request for substitute sponsor (vim-vimoutliner) and some questions

On Mon, Oct 10, 2005 at 11:26:55PM -0400, Matej Cepl wrote:
> 2) Bug# 216626 <http://bugs.debian.org/316626> -- I have tried to close
> (because it was already fixed in 0.3.4-1), but then the reporter reopened
> it claiming that it was not fixed in sarge, so it should stay opened. That
> IMHO isn't correct -- bug is closed when it is fixed in unstable, isn't it?
Read about bts version tracking.

> Moreover, when I was going through debian/changelog I found that I have
> really forgot to close it there, so I have created new version 0.3.4-2
Don't say that its closed in this version, if this version doesn't
actually change something which closes it.  Just send an email to the
BTS to set the bug to the correct state (close 216626 0.3.4-1 if I
understand correctly).

> Will it get rid of that bug at all?
With version tracking, the found, clouse, and notfound commands will
put the bug in the correctly versioned state.

> Or what should I do with persistent user claiming that he wants to
> have it fixed in stable? On the other hand, 0.3.3-6 (which is what
> is in sarge) really IS broken -- how do I get package to
> stable/proposed-updates?
Contact the stable release manager, as the bug reported said.  Its
possible that this update will be approved:

  http://people.debian.org/~joey/3.0r6/

--
Clear skies,
Justin