Re: duplicate library code in a package

Joey Hess wrote:
Andreas Fester wrote:

not necessarily. It must be the original, but it must not be pristine.

That's self-contradictory. And wrong.

That's what I learned from other developers during my first packaging
experience :-), and its difficult to argue if you are a novice ....
I also thought that .orig *is* what it says, but I have the
impression that often people tend to repackage for this or that
reason which could also easily be fixed in debian/rules (just
reading a similar discussion on d-d).

Anyway: I still had the previous version of the developers reference,
and the new chapter 6.7.8 talks exactly about this topic, which should
help clarifying it when there are doubts.

Best Regards,

	Andreas

--
Andreas Fester