Sponsors and the Uploaders field (was: RFS: dict-freedict ...)

On debian-project[1], Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> Here's what I want (if anyone is interested - so far I have only
> experied hostility when I offer my weird non-sponsoring help to
> outsiders wanting packages into Debian):
>
> A requirement that the Maintainer field always either matches an entry
> in the Debian keyring or the email ends in "@debian.org" (so that
> group-maintained packages at Alioth - where at least one in each group
> must be a DD - is also allowed).
>
> A requirement that latest changelog entry must match the person signing
> the package for upload to the archive.

If every Debian sponsor were required to do what Pierre suggests, would
it solve the problem Jonas raises?

(The question is not really meant to propose a new policy.  It is just a
question, to help me to understand the issue better.)

--
Thaddeus H. Black (thb)

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-project/2005/09/msg00187.html