Re: RFS: istanbul - Desktop session recorder (ITP: #316503)

On Mon, Sep 26, 2005 at 10:39:03PM +0200, Nicolas Weyland wrote:
> On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 21:59:42 +0200
> Christoph Haas <haas@debian.org> wrote:
>
> > - The README.Debian doesn't look very helpful for the end-user.
>
> In the maintainer guide it's written that you have to write
> differences between the normal and the debian version. But if
> there are important things whiche aren't in the upstream's
> Readme, can I add them there or will my package be rejected?

I would say that README.Debian is the perfect place for such comments.
However, if they get to be very long, consider adding another
README.something file.  For example, take a look at packages like
freeciv or flightgear for an idea of how extra README files might be
useful.  I believe that those packages include the extra README files
included by upstream, but there is no reason that you couldn't do it as
well.

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez