Re: willing to adopt a few orphaned packages

Stan Vasilyev wrote:
> Yes, I read that one. I thought I could get a new version of mindterm
> that supports ssh 2.0 but that new version is licensed under a "free for
> personal and limited commercial use" license incompatible with Debian.
> There is no way it can go into contrib? If that's the case, I won't
> package mindterm.

It might be able to go into non-free (I'd have doubts about the
licensing though, the source license is looks ugly), but basically
what's the point? Debian is about free software and if free alternatives
are amply available, your time could probably be spent on better things.

There also is the aspect that upstream actively chose to leave the free
software community. Given that the interest of our users is not harmed
by doing so, I do think that Debian best reflects this choice by
completely dropping the thing.

Kind regards

T.
--