Re: Renaming the package and other things

Hi!

Christoph Berg wrote:

 Re: Nelson A. de Oliveira in <4324DA5A.3070508@bol.com.br>

> I am planning to rename the source package to "biofox" only,
> instead mozilla-firefox-biofox.

 Why? The user won't see the source package name change. It's only
 extra hassle for you and the ftp-masters. If you really want, rename
 the binary package only.

 NB, how does upstream call the package/program/tarball?

Upstream names it "biofox" only.
Yes, I know. I've made a mistake using the same name on the binary and on the source package :-( That happened because biofox, as the name says, was only to Firefox. Upstream author changed this now and made it available also to Mozilla.
I want to correct my mistake now to avoid bigger problems later.

What I am thinking is:

Source package: biofox
Binary package: biofox (that can be used both on Firefox and on Mozilla Suite) Binary package: mozilla-firefox-biofox (transitional dummy package depending on "biofox", so users will upgrade to the new biofox).

Doubt:
Does biofox (the binary package) must use Conflicts, Provides and/or Replaces?

Thank you very much

Regards,
Nelson