Re: adding new mime-types
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: adding new mime-types
- From: Justin Pryzby <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 10:53:17 -0400
- Message-id: <20050909145317.GA3857@andromeda>
- In-reply-to: <1126264084.8202.10.camel@localhost>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <1126264084.8202.10.camel@localhost>
On Fri, Sep 09, 2005 at 01:08:04PM +0200, Daniel Leidert wrote:
> Am Freitag, den 09.09.2005, 12:54 +0200 schrieb vud1:
> > Hi all.
> > I am doing a debian-package for a program that i am writing. My program
> > is an diagram-tool that saves files *.cgt (xml files that i have
> > invented specially for my application).
> > I would like to integrate my program with gnome, so i would like to make
> > a deb package that would insert the new mime-types and asociated the
> > *.cgt extension with my program.
> > At this moment i have create a program.keys and a program.mime files in
> > /usr/share/mime-info
> Obsolete since GNOME 2.8 (really used only for GNOME <= 2.4) and AFAIK
> not longer used. To associate your program with your MIME-type you need
> to create a .desktop-file and install it into /usr/share/applications.
> See .
> > but the system dont recognize my *.cgt files yet... When i right-click
> > over my *.cgt file nautilus said me that this is a text/xml content, and
> > not application/x-program :(
> Did you run update-mime-database (to recognize the new MIME type) and
> update-desktop-database (to update the MIME<->Application database)?
See also dh_desktop, which "takes care of adding maintainer script
fragments to call update-desktop-database."