adding new mime-types

Hi all.

I am doing a debian-package for a program that i am writing. My program
is an diagram-tool that saves files *.cgt (xml files that i have
invented specially for my application).

I would like to integrate my program with gnome, so i would like to make
a deb package that would insert the new mime-types and asociated the
*.cgt extension with my program.

At this moment i have create a program.keys and a program.mime files in
/usr/share/mime-info

I have create too a program file in
/usr/lib/mime/packages

but the system dont recognize my *.cgt files yet... When i right-click
over my *.cgt file nautilus said me that this is a text/xml content, and
not application/x-program :(

So.. i think that a need any more configurations.. I have reeding
documentation and i think that i must use the update-mime comand in my
debian/postinst script.. but it is not enought.

Could you help me to find the correct solution?

best regards

  +-----------+    vud1 at sindominio.net
  |.---------.|    GnuPG: http://www.e-oss.net/vud1.asc
  +-..-----..-+    | http://www.e-oss.net                |