Re: RFS: gips - an isotopic pattern calculator

Krugaan <krugaan@gmx.de> wrote:

>>>- please tidy up the debian/rules file :(
> I'm sorry, but I have no clue what you want you want me to do.

Remove the unused, commented lines that dh_make wrote.

>> - you are also the upstream developer of this package.  Do you use
>>   Debian, or would you just like to see it included in one more
>>   distribution?  I'm asking because if you're going to maintain it, you
>>   should be using it on Debian.
>
> The program is developed and used with debian.

Good :-)

>> - Since the package will depend on X, it would be nice to have a hint in
>>   the description that there's also a command line tool.  And that it
>>   produces gnuplot output, anyway.
>
> The command line tool is not part of this package and is therefore not
> mentioned. It's not included in order to start things simple. On a
> longer time scale it is planned to split the program into a library, a
> command line tool and a GUI as supposed previously:
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-science/2005/08/msg00125.html

Oh, I thought that the GUI was just a frontend to the commandline tool,
sorry.  I'd be more interested in the commandline tool...

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster
Inst. f. Biochemie der Univ. Zürich