Re: RFS: Plash: a shell and restricted environment for running programs with minimum authority

"Roberto C. Sanchez" <roberto@familiasanchez.net> wrote:

> On Sat, Aug 20, 2005 at 03:01:40PM +0100, Mark Seaborn wrote:
> > I'm looking for a sponsor for putting Plash into Debian.
> >
> > The main page is:  http://plash.beasts.org
> > and Debian packages are at:
> > http://www.cs.jhu.edu/~seaborn/plash/plash_1.11_i386.deb
> > http://savannah.nongnu.org/download/plash/plash_1.11.dsc
> > http://savannah.nongnu.org/download/plash/plash_1.11.tar.gz
> > (The Debian source package contains a copy of glibc 2.3.3, which is
> > 13Mb, but the source for Plash itself is only 200k.)
>
> Why?  This is a sure-fire way to make sure a package is not accepted.

How else am I supposed to do it?  It needs the glibc source to build.

Is there a way for a source package to use the contents of another
source package, such as Debian's existing glibc package?  Even if
there was, this is not very helpful, because Debian includes glibc
2.3.2.

Mark