error while running lintian

Hello

I am trying to create my first debian package, a python C binding. When
i run lintian on the changes file i get the following error. I have
touched a COPYRIGHT file in the source directory. still the error
remain. Sorry for the n00b question :(

prash@einstein:~/debian$ lintian -i -v python-ldtp_0.1.8-1_i386.changes
N: Setting up lab in /tmp/bgQ9nGzDGL ...
N: Processing changes file python-ldtp_0.1.8-1_i386.changes ...
N: Processing 2 packages...
N: ----
N: Processing source package python-ldtp (version 0.1.8-1) ...
tar: Read 6144 bytes from -
tar: pyldtp: implausibly old time stamp 1970-01-01 05:30:00
N: ----
N: Processing binary package python-ldtp (version 0.1.8-1) ...
E: python-ldtp: no-copyright-file
N:
N:   Each binary package has to include a plain file
N:   /usr/share/doc/<pkg>/copyright
N:
N:   Refer to Policy Manual, section 12.5 for details.
N:
W: python-ldtp: package-relation-with-self depends: python-ldtp (= 0.1.8-1)
N:
N:   The package declares a relationship with itself. This is not very
N:   useful, except in the case of a package Conflicting with itself, if
N:   its package name doubles as a virtual package.
N:
N: Removing /tmp/bgQ9nGzDGL ...

Also how do i remove that warning? which says that there is a self
dependancy

Thanks in advance
--
Prashanth Mohan
http://prashmohan.bsdnerds.org

There are two types of people in this world, good and bad. The good
sleep better, but the bad seem to enjoy the waking hours much more. -
Woody Allen