Re: autotools during build

On Fri, Aug 12, 2005 at 10:21:05AM +0200, martin f krafft wrote:
> *I* think linda is correct. But others disagree.

I used to have the same opinion as Martin, but changed my mind.
It depends on the package.  E.g. I have a package, that is not
maintained upstream anymore, but still very useful.  The auto
generated files in the original upstream are not very useful
anymore, so I have that in my debian/rules:

post-patches::
	autoreconf -fi

That way, I always know, that the package is really buildable
from source (configure etc. are not source files!) and the diff
is not too huge.  If you have an active upstream and you build
the auto generated files once in a while, Martin and linda are
correct :-)

> "i call christianity the one great curse, the one enormous and
>  innermost perversion, the one great instinct of revenge, for which no
>  means are too venemous, too underhand, too underground and too petty
>  -- i call it the one immortal blemish of mankind."
>                                                  - friedrich nietzsche

Fritz is correct here.

Cheers,
--