Re: RFS: terralib -- A GIS classes and functions library.

[Jochen Friedrich]
> you might have a look at the Debian GIS project at
> http://pkg-grass.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl. They maintain
> their own package repository and make sure all GIS classes and
> functions work together.

And the few of us also try to get the packages into debian/main, but
it take time because we are few, and even fewer with upload rights.
Please join the Debian GIS sub-project if you are interested in GIS
tools in Debian.

I can sponsor the package, but as it is a C++ library, I suggest we
wait a bit for the C++ transition to settle down a bit.  I notice it
depend on qt3-dev-tools.  qt4 seem to be on its way into the archive.
Is it a good idea to use that one instead?

When compiling the source, I saw warnings like this:

  ../../src/terralib/kernel/TeRaster.h:230: warning: 'class
    TeRaster::iterator' hasvirtual functions but non-virtual destructor

Is this supposed to be ignored?  There were other warnings as well.
Did you check them all to verify that they are harmless?

Running linda on the package I built, I got these messages:

  E: terralib; Uses cdbs and debhelper.mk, but debhelper Build-Depends
    is too old.
  W: terralib-doc; File not found for field Files in doc-base file
    /usr/share/doc/terralib/html/{rv/*.html,models/*.html}
  W: terralib-doc; File not found for field Files in doc-base file
    /usr/share/doc/terralib/ps/*
  W: terralib-doc; File not found for field Files in doc-base file
    /usr/share/doc/terralib/txt/*
  W: terralib-doc; File not found for field index in doc-base file
    usr/share/doc-base/terralib-doc
  W: terralib1; Contains shared libraries, but doesn't start with lib.
  W: terralib1; Shared object /usr/lib/libterralib.so.1.0.0 is linked
    with version 6 and 5 of libstdc++.

The last one is an artifact of the C++ transision, while the others
should be looked into.