Re: what if the upstream version contains hyphens?

On 20050729T014933-0400, kamaraju kusumanchi wrote:
> 1) What would be the corresponding Debian version? Should it be
> 0.2.2-1-1 or should i pretend the upstream's version is 0.2.2.1 and name
> the debian version to be 0.2.2.1-1?

As others have mentioned, the former is the correct way.

> The maint-guide currently is silent about this problem. But if there is
> some other documentation available which helps in this regard, I will be
> happy to read it.

The policy defines this unambiguously.  I encourage you to read
http://www.nl.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-controlfields.html#s-f-Version
(as well as the Policy manual in its entirety).

--
Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho, Debian developer

http://kaijanaho.info/antti-juhani/blog/en/debian