Re: Mail System Error - Returned Mail

On 26-Jul-2005, Colin Watson wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 26, 2005 at 09:46:39PM +1000, Ben Finney wrote:
> > Hopefully it, like so many of the other automatic replies we've
> > been getting here, will also be translated as:
> >
> >     I'm too thick to have my automatic reply software distinguish
> >     incoming list mail from personal mail, so please remove me
> >     from the list permanently.
>
> It's more likely a spam forging debian-mentors@lists.debian.org as its
> From: address.

Ugh. Yes, an entirely probable, and depressing, explanation.
Depressing since it would indicate that the auto-reply is *not*
incorrect; the message didn't come from a list.

So much for that easy cluebat.

--
 \         "My mother was like a sister to me, only we didn't have sex |
  `\                                  quite so often."  -- Emo Philips |