Can I simulate a weak conflict?

Hi,

I'd like my em8300 package's dependencies to say something like "If you
use udev, I'd recommend you use at least 0.060-1." (since specific rules
for the em8300 drivers were added in that release, tahnks to Marco
d'Itri).

Unfortunately, the package system certainly can't guess whether udev is
used. So I would translate it to "I'd recommend you have either no udev
installed, or at least version 0.060-1.".

But I don't think I can express that either. If it was a strong
dependency rather that a weak one, I could cheat and express it as a
conclict: "Conflicts: udev (<< 0.060-1)". I could also decide to
recommend udev anyway: "Recommends: udev (>= 0.060-1)".

But none of these 2 solution satisfy me. Can anyone think of a way I can
express what I want?

Cheers,

Nicolas