Re: Can I simulate a weak conflict?

* Ben Finney [Tue, 26 Jul 2005 11:03:51 +1000]:

> > "Recommends: udev (>= 0.060-1)".

> How does this not express what you want to say? It recommends a
> minimum version of the package, and allows for no installation of the
> package.

  But does not prevent a lower version from being co-installed. Which is
  what you'd get with Conflicts: <<, and if you don't want that, then
  Recommends: >= is as close as you'll get.

  Putting a note in the README.Debian sounds sensible, too.

--
Adeodato Simó
    EM: asp16 [ykwim] alu.ua.es | PK: DA6AE621

I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve
immortality through not dying.
                -- Woody Allen