Re: Best practice for Java?

Hi,

Jarle Aase wrote:
Hi,

I'm about to make a little GUI program for Java. I'm currently using Sun
j2sdk and the Netbeans IDE when fooling around with Java.
Uuuuh, bad! ;-)

What's the recommandations for Java development under Debian? What
[Debianized] Java run-time will give the best performance and
compability with Sun Java for GUI applications?
There is a big effort to get freed Java packages, documented under http://java.debian.net/. Else, the java-package package allows you to create your own little Java package.

How do I package java-programs?
http://www.us.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/java-policy/

Jarle

Hope this helps, Eric

--
Gewalt ist die letzte Zuflucht der Inkompetenz.
    Violence is the Last Resort of the Incompetent.