Re: What should I call the source package?

Hi,

> > After compiling it, I will get two libraries (runtime and development
> > libraries). I named these packages as libfortranposix0,
> > libfortranposix0-dev according to their soname.
>
> It's libfortranposix0 for the runtime library and libfortranposix-dev
> for the development package. (If you read by chance debian-devel you
> should ignore the discussion about naming there for now.)

In case you haven't noticed, read section 8.1, 8.4 of Debian-policy.
The naming is at the discretion of the maintainer, with a reason.

As for the original question, the orig.tar.gz should be
what the upstream has specified as the package name,
which probably is "fortranposix" in this case.

regards,
	junichi