Re: zoo: directory traversal security bug

Jose Carlos do Nascimento wrote:
>> I do prefer people knowing what it actually is they're putting into the
>> archive.
> I thought to be a mantainer I just must know debian-policy,  how to
> create Debian package,, how to create docs,etc .
> I read many Debian Docs,  and I didnt read anything about people must be
> C, python, php ,etc  developer.
Well, maybe that's the general sentiment. Looking at the original
problem, namely that zoo has a security bug and the maintainer can't fix
it by himself because he's not proficient enough in the source language,
you might or might not see a point in what I'm suggesting.
It won't matter much, because there's plenty of people who don't care
about maintainers being able to fix their packages' source if needed.

Kind regards

T.
--
Thomas Viehmann, http://thomas.viehmann.net/