Re: RFS: apt-history - logs the changes when installing packages

Hi,
* Frank Lichtenheld <djpig@debian.org> [2005-07-08 19:05]:
> On Fri, Jul 08, 2005 at 02:48:30PM +0200, Nico Golde wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I packaged apt-history:
> >
> > * Package name    : apt-history
> >   Version         : 0.1
> >   Upstream Author : Vittorio Palmisano <redclay@email.it>
> > * URL             : http://redclay.altervista.org/archivio/python/apt-history/
> > * License         : GPL
> >   Description     : logs the changes when installing packages
> >
> > apt-history logs the changes of /var/lib/dpkg/status when installing,
> > removing, upgrading packages with apt-get and displays changes in a
> > nice list.
>
> wouldn't it be better to use /var/log/dpkg.log for this?

Today I read the new feature of dpkg the first time so I
will test it and if it is the same feature I will close the
bug. Thanks to the people who gave me this hint!
Regards Nico
--
Nico Golde - JAB: nion@jabber.ccc.de | GPG: 0x73647CFF
http://www.ngolde.de | http://www.muttng.org | http://grml.org