Re: RFS: html-xml-utils (W3C simple HTML and XML utilities)

25.06.2005 pisze Geert Stappers (stappers@stappers.nl):

> > > No, he hasn't done that yet.  I went ahead and did it though
> > > because otherwise some of them would have rather common sounding
> > > names, such as "extract", "index", and "count".  Is this a
> > > problem?  What should I do?

> >   I think you did the right thing, and it's not a problem at all
> >   given that upstream will rename the same way eventually.
>
> And I think it is not wise to have W3C software in Debian
> that differs from W3C software.

In what way does this differ from the W3C software? Does it use 0s and
1s painted in pink, in contrary to the usual W3C pale yellow?

It is *much* better to prefix the common names than to use the original
ones.

Jubal

--
[ Miros/law L Baran, baran-at-knm-org-pl, neg IQ, cert AI ] [ 0101010 is ]
[ BOF2510053411, makabra.knm.org.pl/~baran/, alchemy pany ] [ The Answer ]

                       1. You can't win.
                       2. You can't break even.
                       3. You can't even quit the game.