Shotgun Debugger: different data packages depending on endianness

Hi,

I've packaged a game called "Shotgun Debugger", available at:
http://sdb.gamecreation.org/

You can see a brief description of the game at:
http://www.happypenguin.org/show?Shotgun%20Debugger

According to the following web page:
http://gcsociety.sp.cs.cmu.edu/~frenzy/porting.html

"""
Shotgun Debugger uses the MD2 format for its 3D models. MD2 is a binary
format, and is thus prone to endianness incompatibility.

The models that come with the Shotgun Debugger packages will work on
little-endian architectures (Intel x86, AMD64, etc.) only. If you plan on
compiling Shotgun Debugger on a big-endian system (PowerPC*, SPARC, etc.), you
will need to download the big-endian model pack. These models have the .md2b
extension; just put them in the models/ directory. Shotgun Debugger recognizes
the endianness of your system and loads the appropriate model set.
"""

I've created two different packages, one with the md2 files and another one
with the md2b files. I've tried to make the main program install the
appropriate package depending on it's endianness but I wasn't able to get it
working. Any ideas how to do it? BTW, which debian archs are big endian and
which are small endian?

BTW, my packages are available at:
http://156.35.156.136/inniyah/shotgun-debugger/

Note: I'm not really interested in maintaining this package. After playing a
bit with the game, I discovered it's not the kind of game I like to play, so I
just want to learn how to do it, not maintaining it. If anybody wants to
maintain the packages for tis game, (s)he is free to do it :)

Greetings,
Miry

Renovamos el Correo Yahoo!
Nuevos servicios, más seguridad