Re: RFD/RFS: gtk+extra-2.0 -- A useful set of widgets for GTK+ 2.0

Am Mittwoch, den 15.06.2005, 20:28 +0100 schrieb Roger Leigh:
> Daniel Leidert <daniel.leidert.spam@gmx.net> writes:
>
> > This is an discussion request for Gtk+Extra 2.0 (Bug #313614). A RFS
> > will follow, after fixing last issues.
>
> > First I am interested in feedback regarding the quality of this package
> > and possible problems. 2 Linda warnings left, but IMHO the second
> > warning about the missing libs-entry in .shlibs file is false. The first
> > is dedicated to the packaging process following README.Debian in the
> > autotools-dev package.
>
> Major gripe: you build-confict and build-depend upon autoconf and
> automake. There should not be *any* need to run these and build time.

I do not agree in general to this statement. I normally prefer updated
build-systems. And the only way to guarantee this automatically is to
run these tools during packaging process (IMHO).

[..]
> Your package also fails to autobuild.  Please check the build
> dependencies (dpatch missing?)

Yes, I wrote that dpatch is missing in Build-Depends. Please refer to my