Re: -dev library package naming

Hi,

> A package that installs /usr/lib/libspf-1.0.so.0.0.0 should be names
> libspf-1.0-0 from all I can tell. The policy does not dictate how
> the -dev (and -doc) package should be named. I would prefer not to
> call it libspf-dev but rather encode the version.
>
> The library packaging guide says I should include the SONAME in the
> name (libspf0-dev), but this seems wrong to me. Shouldn't the name
> rather include the 1.0 used by upstream?

The library package guide should tell you to use

libspf-1.0-0

If it doesn't, that's an error in the guide;
but I would also first check the SONAME of the library.

regards,
	junichi

--
Junichi Uekawa, Debian Developer   http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~dancer/
183A 70FC 4732 1B87 57A5  CE82 D837 7D4E E81E 55C1