Re: RFS: Sponsor needed for em-panel-applet

fre, 10 06 2005 kl. 13:04 +0200, skrev Arjan Oosting:
> > Sponsor still needed, and all the issues mentioned by Sven should be
> > taken care of. New packages uploaded
> I can't sponser you because I am not an DD (yet), but your package
> looked interesting so I tried to install. I had some problems though :)
>
> The package has a versioned depends on libxml2 (=> 2.6.17) but the
> latest version of libxml2 in unstable is 2.6.16-7, so your package can
> not be installed.

I'm not sure how it works, when you actually upload stuff to Debian.
Don't you just upload the source packages, and then the build servers
build it for the different archs?

> I guess you build it on a Ubuntu system? Maybe next time you could built
> them in a Debian unstable chroot  (with pbuilder). This way you also
> make sure it compiles and is installable on a Debian system.

I suppose I could do that. Or maybe I should just not supply the
binaries.. :-)

> Your package also misses a build-dependency on libgnomeui-dev. Missing
> build-dependencies are also easily spotted when you build you're package
> with pbuilder.

Ok.

> And maybe you could clarify the description a little bit? I expected an
> APPLET which a could a to one of the PANELs, but actually it is program
> which puts an icon into the NOTIFICATION area.

Oh, right. I'll do that.

> And last but not least, maybe you could add an .desktop file so the
> program can be started from the gnome-menu instead of from some
> terminal.

Never tried that, but I'll look into it. Thanks!

--
Søren Hansen <sh@warma.dk>