shlibdeps again (and a couple more questions)

1) I'm now getting this (after dh_makeshlibs):

dh_shlibdeps
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: could not find path for libflx_dynamic.so.1

If I try manually and tell it where the library is, the
message goes away and I get a bug instead:

/usr/local/work/felix-1.1.0> dh_shlibdeps -ldebian/felix/usr/lib
Use of uninitialized value in scalar assignment at /usr/bin/dh_shlibdeps
line 138, <COMPAT_IN> line 2.

I'm still very much a newbie so excuse dumb questions please.

The shared library depends on the C++ standard libraries,
and so this dependence seems essential to establish correctly.

I think I fixed the previous soname problem (thanks Justin and
Loic!), as I am also the upstream author and am concurrently
upgrading from 1.0 to 1.1 in honour of Debian, I changed the library
name to libflx_dynamic.so.1.1.0, with soname libflx_dynamic.so.1,
and added two links, libflx_dynamic.so.1 for run time linkage
and libflx_dynamic.so for compile time linkage. Hope that is right.

2) I seem to have:

dpkg-buildpackage: full upload; Debian-native package (full source is
included)

I hope that is right too ..

John Skaller, skaller at users.sf.net
PO Box 401 Glebe, NSW 2037, Australia Ph:61-2-96600850
Download Felix here: http://felix.sf.net