Re: Replacing a source package with two?

Hello Kari,

On Fri, Jun 03, 2005 at 09:21:43AM +0300, Kari Pahula wrote:
> The package crossfire-maps-1.4.0-1 is currently based on a single
> source package.  Upstream has split the maps in later versions to two
> map sets, -big and -small.
>
> I was thinking of handling this situation by making crossfire-maps-big
> and crossfire-maps-small and by putting to both of them:
>
> Conflicts: crossfire-maps
> Provides: crossfire-maps
> Replaces: crossfire-maps

I would suggest to Provide crossfire-map (singular).

> Also, I would copy crossfire-maps' changelog to both -big and -small.

Sure, can't hurt.

> crossfire-server and crossfire-maps have in them:
>
> Depends: crossfire-maps, ...

I thought the crossfire-maps pkg is going away?!  In any case,
you should always include at least one real package. For example:
Depends: crossfire-maps-small | crossfire-map

Hope this helps,
--Joe