Re: new upstream Cogito conflicts with GNU Interactive Tools

On Thu, 02 Jun 2005, Romain Beauxis wrote:

> Le Jeudi 02 Juin 2005 21:25, Sebastian Kuzminsky a écrit :
> > Should I just make my cogito package Conflict with the GNU Interactive
> > Tools git package?
>
> I'm not sure if this a solution here, but their is a tool that can be usefull:
> update-alternatives.
>
> If your user has to use only one of both, then this can do the trick.
> Otherwhile, I can remenber the emule package having the same
> problems with the ed2k link parser located at /usr/bin/ed2k for for
> xmule and amule packages.

Please do not suggest using the alternatives system this way.  The
alternatives system is there for situations as above - when two
programs provide a similar or indistinguishable service, such as a
window-manager or ed2k parser.  cogito and GNU Interactive Tools
provide remarkedly different functions.

My suggestion is to rename the binary in the cogito package to
something which makes more sense, perhaps cogito-git.

--
Michael Janssen --- Jamuraa --- jamuraa@base0.net --- jamuraa@debian.org