Re: FW: language.dat in allegro

 --- Stephen Gran <sgran@debian.org> escribió:

> This one time, at band camp, Michelle Konzack said:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > Miriam is packing the game Kraptor for Debian
> GNU/Linux and
> > there is a problem with the path for language.dat
> >
> > How can we solve this ?
> >
> > Please respond to the Mailinglists alleg-main,
> debian-mentors
> > and me parallel.
>
> In setup.c, you call find_allegro_resource for
> SETUP_LANGUAGE_FILE.
> SETUP_LANGUAGE_FILE is #defined as language.dat, so
> I am assuming this
> is the problematic part.  Taking a quick look at how
> find_allegro_resource works, it appears that it will
> search several
> default paths for the file, unless the full path to
> the file is passed.
> So if you are only looking for a specific file (and
> not also looking for
> a ~/.kraptor/ file or something) you can just
> #define the full path, it
> seems.
>
> Hope that's right - I don't know allegro, and just
> spent about 15
> minutes looking at this :)

Thanks!

I've tried it and it doesn't seem to work. Even though
setup/setup.c routines in allegro library seem to use
that #defined variable, SETUP_LANGUAGE_FILE, kraptor
uses a procedure called:

void reload_config_texts(AL_CONST char *new_language)

which is defined in src/config.c and seems to be using
"language.dat" in a hardcoded way:

      datafile = uconvert_ascii("language.dat", tmp2);

I tried to #define that item at the beginning of the
program and it doesn't seem to work. The only hack I
found to be able to make multiple languages work in
kraptor is adding in main.c the following line before
calling the language stuff:

setenv("ALLEGRO", "/usr/share/games/kraptor/",0);

But, of course, I don't like that way of fixing things
at all.

Might that be a bug in allegro library?

> Take care,
> --