Re: Where should I upload my public key?

On Thu, 26 May 2005, [iso-8859-15] René van Bevern wrote:

> On 26.05.05, Li Daobing wrote:
>
> Hi,

Hi

> >   I got an error message from katie@ftp-master.debian.org[1] when I dput
> > my qterm package, I think I should upload my public key to somewhere.
> > Anyone can tell me where is the place?
>
> To do uploads, you need your public GPG key signed by a Debian Developer
> in the Debian keyring. This means for you to be a Debian Developer
> yourself, having passed the NM procedure with all its tests and so on.

To clarify: you need to have your key in the Debian keyring. You can only
get your key in the Debian keyring when you are a Debian Developer.

> If you are not a Debian Developer, you need to find one who "sponsors"
> an upload of your package. You should read the New Maintainer pages at
> http://nm.debian.org/ Maybe its current maintainer is willing to act
> as a sponsor.

To clarify: you need a sponsor (who has his key in the Debian keyring) to
upload your package. You should probably read the debian-mentors FAQ [1].

Maybe the current maintainer of qterm wants to sponsor your upload?

Cheers

Luk

[1] http://people.debian.org/~mpalmer/debian-mentors_FAQ.html