Re: RFS: reddo internet translator

Hi David,

As Ben said to me:

You still need to differentiate between what you get from the upstream
package source (the foo.orig.tar.gz file) and your own changes as
package maintainer (the foo.diff.gz file). The only common exception
is for a package written natively for Debian, i.e. with no upstream
source.

Package the upstream package source as the foo.orig.tar.gz, and use
dpkg-source -b to make the foo.dsc and foo.diff.gz files from the orig
and your package source.
 <URL:http://www.debian.org/doc/developers-reference/ch-best-pkging-practices.en.html#s-bpp-origtargz>

There is no .orig file and .diff file on your directory. It's needed,
even if the /debian directory comes with the source code.

On debian/rules:
Entries like
#       dh_install
#       dh_installmenu
#       dh_installdebconf

If you won't use, remove. If you will use, uncomment.

Also, you could say somewhere that the default languages of reddo is
English -> Spanish.

If you are going to distribute the source code with CVS dirs, you will
need to remove them before creating the package. Or better, distribute
the source code without those dirs.

You have entries like this on debian/changelog:

reddo (0.1-4) reddo; urgency=low

The second "reddo" is wrong. It shoud be "unstable". ike this:

reddo (0.1-4) unstable; urgency=low

You have to do this for all lines that has the "reddo".

What are those packages?
Conflicts: reddo2.3, reddo2.4

I think that if reddo2.3 and reddo2.4 aren't on Debian, you won't need a
conflicts (someone correct if I am wrong, please).

On debian/control:
Replace
Depends: python (>= 2.3)
with