RFS: Kat is Looking for a sponsor

Hello!

First of all i want to thank you all for the great work you do every
day to produce, enhance and maintain the greatest Linux dist (and even
more than a dist!) ever made ;).

Since i use debian unstable for more than two years now, and since i
really enjoy it (principally because of its quality and the debian
social contract), i started to want to get more involved in the debian
project and since i missed some applications, i decided to learn how
to package.

So i read all the good documentation, like the debian developer's
reference, debian policy, the new maintainer guide, etc., and started
to build my firsts packages, with the help of some more experienced
than me and pretty nice developers, whose i met on IRC.

I am currently writing this e mail, because i have found a software
that i like very much; and I'd like to see it integrated in the debian
packages.
This application is call Kat and it's under the GPL license. It's a
file indexer designed for KDE, which scans and indexes your documents
(TXT,PDF,SXW,MP3,OGG,etc.) so you can after quickly find a file
containing the given text. This software is not yet very stable, and
it lacks some functionalities, but i use it yet everyday, for instance
to check some informations in the huge debian documentation ;).
Moreover, it's the kind of software which tends to be more and more
useful.
You can find the software homepage at:
http://kat.sourceforge.net/
and you can see the debian packages i have done at:
http://jr.falleri.free.fr/fichiers/debian/kat/

Moreover, i have yet a good contact with the upstream, and he has
opened me an access to the project's cvs, and let me do the tarball,
and listen to my feedback so that my patches will be integrated in the
next release.

So i created some packages for this software, trying to make them as
clean as i could and I'm looking now for a sponsor who could help me
to check and release them ;). I'd really like also to learn some
packaging tips, to know what i am doing wrong and how can i improve my
packaging skills, since i want one day, when I'll be strong enough to
do that, apply to be a debian maintainer (since i really love
packaging and i agree with the debian system, policies and social
contract).

So if you interested in sponsoring a new, but really volunteer, debian
packager, please contact me :).

Best regards.
--
Jean-Rémy Falleri