Re: RFS: z80asm, assembler for the Zilog Z80 microprocessor

Erik Schanze wrote:
> Hi Bas!

Hello,

>>Short description: assembler for the Zilog Z80 microprocessor
>>
>>Long description:
>> The Z80 microprocessor is used in old home computers, such as the
>> ZX-spectrum and MSX, and in several newer devices, such as the TI-83
>> graphical calculator and the GameBoy.
>> .
>> Features include:
>>  * including other sources
>>  * complex expressions (similar to bash)
>>  * labels of unlimited length
>>  * conditional compilation depending on expressions
>>

> Wow, your package is able to assemble a Z80 processor? ;-)

No, it's an assembler for the Z80, which means it follows orders given
by the Z80 (and not the user).  :-P

> Seriously, I think you should improve your long description to explain to an
> (unexperienced) user what this package is for.
> What can you do with this assembler?
> Why should you install it?
> What are the results of the programms (e.g. machine-code) for?

How about this one?:
 The Z80 microprocessor is used in old home computers, such as the
 ZX-spectrum and MSX, and in several newer devices, such as the TI-83
 graphical calculator and the GameBoy.
 .
 This assembler is meant for developers who write code (in assembly) for
 such devices.
 .
 Features include:
  * including other sources
  * complex expressions (similar to bash)
  * labels of unlimited length
  * conditional compilation depending on expressions

I also added a Suggests: openmsx, which is an MSX emulator which can be
used to run the programs created with the assembler.  And following a
suggestion from Laszlo Boszormenyi (my sponsor), added an example which
can be used with openMSX.

Thanks,
Bas