RFS: quesoglc

Name of the package: quesoglc
Licence: LGPL
Short description: Free implementation of SGI's OpenGL Character Renderer (GLC)
Long description:
 The OpenGL Character Renderer (GLC) is a subroutine library that provides
 OpenGL programs with character rendering services.
 .
 QuesoGLC is based on the FreeType library, provides Unicode support and is
 designed to be easily ported on any platform that supports both FreeType and
 OpenGL.
Homepage: quesoglc.sf.net

This small library just renders characters on via OpenGL.
There is a similar package in woody, gltt, which is removed, and only
renders TrueType. QuesoGLC supersedes it, since it works with freetype
and can render any font FT understands. Moreover, the author is
responsive and has accepted some of my patches already.

I think it is in the UNIX tradition of a small lib doing one thing and
doing it well :-)

Thanks,
Pablo.

--
"When in doubt, use brute force" -- Ken Thompson