maintain laptop-netconf package and Debian Policy

Hello

I intend to maintain laptop-netconf package (see WNPP bug #307071: ITA: laptop-netconf -- network detection)

So I am ready to close important and normal bugs for this package (see #217029 and #303330) but I am worried about TODO list at
developer information page for this package - "The package should be updated to follow the last version of Debian Policy
(Standards-Version 3.6.1 instead of 3.5.6)."

Must I see changes log for Debian Policy from version from 3.5.6.0 to 3.6.1.1 and check this package for correspondence to Debian
Policy? And after checking must I just change Standards-Version to 3.6.1? Right?

Bst rgrds,
Eugene Sudyin