Re: RFS: erlang & erlang-base

On May 7, 2005 05:08 am, René van Bevern wrote:
> On  6.05.05, François-Denis Gonthier wrote:
> > This time all the required files are there.
>
> The last bunch of packages from you did not end in -1, which is why the
> orig.tar.gz was not included.

Yes, and the first time it was because there were no .orig files o_O  I'm
learning I'm learning.

> Looking for a sponsor -- and as you ITA (there is no RFA?) -- you should
> probably contact the maintainer of the package in Debian. He is likely
> to know his package at best and can upload it to the archives if
> satisfied.

The message putting those up for adoption was posted on Debian-devel:

After I said there was no O or RFA, some people on #debian-mentors recommended
that I put up an ITA to claim the package.  I really don't know if it was the
Right Thing to do in retrospect but nor the Debian NM and Reference guide had
nothing to say about that.

> The packge builds but lintian has a lot to complain about. You can check
> it yourself using: lintian -i foobar.changes

Some of those seem to have poped up just after the rebuild the package with
the Debian version number... or maybe it's just me that was an idiot and did
not spot them.  Anyway thanks for the advice, I'll solve the policy
violations and them contact the previous maintainer.