Re: splay upload anyone?

On Sun, May 01, 2005 at 12:46:43PM +0200, Santiago Vila wrote:
> On Sun, 1 May 2005, John Hedges wrote:
>
> > I've incorporated a patch[1] into splay and would be very grateful if
> > someone would check over the new package[2] and, if all is well, do the
> > upload thing for me.
> >
> > [1] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=306983
>
> Hmm, I would not use the % operator to get integer values. See:
>
> http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/C-faq/q13.16.html

Interesting link, but mod does make for easy reading. This is afterall
shuffling playlists and not crypto work.

> Also, I would not use srandom every time shufflelist is called, but
> only once at the beginning of the program. See:
>
> http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/C-faq/q13.17.html

I appreciate that subsequent calls to srand are redundant, buy hey, even
with microsecond mp3s the overhead is not going to be noticeable!

Personally, I liked the patch that was provided as it fixed a bug :)

I'd appreciate an upload ... are you willing, despite my stubborness?

John