Re: [OT] need a sponsor for my parens

Eric@Lavar.de wrote:
Hi,

and just for the minutes, you need the same kind of "sponsor" letter if
you want to invite visa-foreigners to the European Union (at least for
France
and Germany, but I think it's general), where you basically engage
yourself as if they were your own children (pay for what ever wrong they
could do, or however sick they could become). I had to do this recently
for someone from ex-Yougoslavia (I asked her to have all the required
insurances to lower my risk, as a tip).

Hm... I do not know about France and Germany, but for ex. Finland which is in EU is very easy to visit for a Russian. To get a visa one just needs an invitation letter, a valid foreign passport, and a medical insurance. For tourists the invitation has been never needed, just a fax from hotel that approves booking. But with the US it is a complitely different story. They are half-crazy with all those checks (or maybe more than a half).

--
Stanislav