Re: debian directory included in upstream

[...]

Stefan> For sam2p I created my own orig.tar.gz with the debian
Stefan> subdirectory renamed to debian.dist. I don't delete it because
Stefan> the upstream changelog is in there (installed with
Stefan> "dh_installchangelogs debian.dist/changelog").

Tell your upstream to move his changelog.  There isn't any reason for it
to be there.  The debian directory is for things specific to the Debian
package.

--
Hubert Chan <hubert@uhoreg.ca> - http://www.uhoreg.ca/
PGP/GnuPG key: 1024D/124B61FA