how to know the architecture ?

Hello,

When I build a debian package, and I fill the dsc file:
How would I know the binary will run on all architectures or will only
run on some?

Because, for example, I have some x86 and sparc64 home, and there is an
XFCE package both for x86 and for sparc. If I take a look at the
source.list file, there is no mention of the arch.

- Where does apt look for the architecture to download for?

- How will I know, when I build a package, that the binary will be arch
specific? (Because I need to correctly fill the "Architecture:" field in
the dsc file!)

If I build it on a x86, and if I dont know, have I to suppose it's x86
specific and wait for some others to compile it on some other arches to
declare it "all arches" ?

--
Get a fully managed dedicated server for €200/month ($257/month)
No time limit for taking care of your server.