Re: RFS: log4cxx - A logging library for C++

Hi Andreas,

On Fri, 2005-04-08 at 22:44 +0200, Andreas Fester wrote:
> Since log4j is already in Debian its natural to also
> include its C++ port.
 Yup, I liked log4j.

> So we should at least start with adding log4cxx, and maybe deprecate
> log4cpp.
 Replace it would be better.

> This is my first approach with creating a debian package, and
> I am absolutely aware of the fact that I violated two basic
> rules of the NMG, not to create a library and not to create
> multiple binary packages; I hope that the result is not *that*
> bad though ;-)
 I will look into it, but please do not count on me.

> There is only one warning reported from lintian about a missing man
> page for an included binary. Since the upstream package does
> not include a man page either I still will have to fix this.
 Yes, please write a basic manpage for it at least.
Some quick notes:
- please remove unneeded, commented out lines from debian/rules,
- in debian/changelog you should close your ITP request,
- your package was unbuildable:
dh_installchangelogs ChangeLog
dh_installdocs
cp: cannot stat `debian/tmp/usr/share/log4cxx/html': No such file or
directory
dh_installdocs: command returned error code 256
make: *** [binary-arch] Error 1
debuild: fatal error at line 765:
- also /usr/share/log4cxx/ should be /usr/share/doc/log4cxx/
as I know.

Regards,
Laszlo/GCS