Re: Create user during installation

also sprach Sven Mueller <debian@incase.de> [2005.04.01.2133 +0200]:
> way of registering UIDs to packages. And more often than not,
> usernames are used across multiple packages (even though most are
> used only by packages generated by the same source package). So
> which package should remove the user from /etc/passwd?

The solution that's gaining popularity is *not* to remove the user.
Period.

> Do you see the implications? No package can tell wether a given
> user is used only on the current host or not. It usually can't
> even tell wether users are kept in a local only configuration
> (/etc/passwd for example) or in a shared database (LDAP or MySQL
> for example).

It should not need to know. adduser/deluser should really be
extended to do this transparently. Something make me think that's
what adduser-ng is for.

`. `'`

love your enemies; they'll go crazy
trying to figure out what you're up to.