Including object (.o) files in a package - linda errors

Hi list,

I am packaging mn_fit (source package is named mn-fit; currently stuck
in NEW).  Upstream tells me that the capability exists for users to
create a customized version of mn_fit by linking their own Fortran
source code with mn_fit static libraries and the mn_fit main object
file, mn_main_k.o.  So I am creating a new mn-fit-dev binary package to
contain these libraries, etc.  (Thus, users who don't need to customize
mn_fit can just install the mn-fit binary package, without the
additional 3 Mb of static libs in mn-fit-dev.)

The problem is that linda really doesn't like the object file:

> arcturus[6]:~/Debian/mn-fit% linda -i mn-fit-dev_5.05-1_powerpc.deb
> E: mn-fit-dev; Object /usr/lib/mn-fit/obj/programs/mn_main_k.o is not directly linked against libc.
>  The binary object shown above is not directly linked against the
>  required library libc.so.6.
> W: mn-fit-dev; Shared binary object /usr/lib/mn-fit/obj/programs/mn_main_k.o has no dependancy information.
>  The binary object listed above is a shared object, but does not report
>  that it depends on any other shared libraries.

What can I do about this?  I found that linda gives the same complaints
about libcrt1.o (and other object files) in the libc6-dev package.
(Lintian doesn't care.)  Should I just add linda overrides to ignore the
error and warning?

thanks in advance,

GPG public key ID: 4F83C751                 Princeton, NJ 08544