Re: build failure on sparc

Tommaso Moroni wrote:

> Looking at the buildd logs[1] I found this:
>
> [snip]
> checking for vsnprintf... yes
> checking for snprintf... yes
> checking for X... configure: error: Can't find X libraries. Please check your installation and add the correct paths!
> make: *** [config.status] Error 1
> Build finished at 20050309-0500
> FAILED [dpkg-buildpackage died]
> [snip]

> [1] http://buildd.debian.org/fetch.php?&pkg=knights&ver=0.6-1&arch=sparc&stamp=1110363729&file=log&as=raw

Looking at the configure script in your package, it appears to check for
Xos.h (line 20472) and libXt (line 20350) to decide whether the X libs
are present.  So, add "x-dev | xlibs-dev, libxt-dev | xlibs-dev" to your
Build-Depends.  Hopefully the indirect dependencies of kdelibs4-dev take
care of everything else.

regards,

GPG public key ID: 4F83C751                 Princeton, NJ 08544