Re: build failure on sparc

On Mon, Mar 14, 2005 at 02:20:42PM +0000, Steve Kemp wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 14, 2005 at 03:14:56PM +0100, Tommaso Moroni wrote:
>
> > checking for vsnprintf... yes
> > checking for snprintf... yes
> > checking for X... configure: error: Can't find X libraries. Please check your installation and add the correct paths!
> > make: *** [config.status] Error 1
> > ******************************************************************************
> > Build finished at 20050309-0500
> > FAILED [dpkg-buildpackage died]
> > [snip]
> >
> > while on the other archs the package was built correctly.
> > What's the problem?
>
>   Does your package build-depend upon xlibs-dev?

Ehm... no!

I still cannot understand why it could be built on the other archs.

Also, how could I find "missing" build-dep like this without wasting buildd time?
I mean, I use pbuilder to find the minimum build-deps required for a package, and
those specified for knights seemed enough because it compiled correctly.
Am I missing something? (I surely am, but I cannot see where! :)

Thanks for your patience!
--
Tommaso Moroni
moronito@debian.org