Re: RFS: setserial - Controls configuration of serial ports

Hi,

On Mon, Mar 07, 2005 at 07:43:06PM +0100, Bartosz Fenski aka fEnIo wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 07, 2005 at 07:03:59PM +0200, Jan Zizka wrote:
> > I would like to takeover the maintanence of setserial
> > package since it's current maintainer if looking for
> > a replacement.

> > However I'm not a DD so I would need a sponsor.
> > Would there be anyone willing to help me?
>
> Request for sponsor for some package should contain:
>
> 1) description of package

I thought that this is already debian package that I don't have
to repeat the same info, but here is link with description:

http://packages.debian.org/stable/base/setserial

> 2) url to prepared package

non except official ones done by current maintainer.
http://packages.qa.debian.org/s/setserial.html

> and when it's adoption would be great to see
>
> 3) changelog, preferably with some fixes for outstanding bugs

there are no outstanding bugs reported so there is nothing
to fix at the moment. Does this mean that we, me and current
maintainer, should wait for some outstadnig bug before he
could hand the package to me? Or what should be the procedure?

Cheers
         Ziza