My first package/Mutt patch

Hi,

my first Debian package works fine. Yet I have two questions
as I'm still far away from being perfect.

1.  I made my own Mutt patch. "dpkg -p mutt" says

        Version: 1.5.6-20050305+bs.1

    But when I hit "V" in mutt, I see

        Mutt 1.5.6+20040907i (CVS)

    Where do I have to change the sources? I can't find it.

2.  I installed the Debian files to
    `/home/ftp/pub/debian-private/pool/...'. Putting an FTP
    entry into `sources.list' and installing with
    `apt-get upgrade' leads to the above result. But when
    I write

        deb http://localhost/mydebian woody bs

    `apt-get update' encounters

        Err http://localhost woody/bs Packages
          404 Not Found
        Ign http://localhost woody/bs Release
        Failed to fetch
        http://localhost/mydebian/dists/woody/bs/binary-i386/Packages 404 Not Found

    Fetching the `Packages' file with `wget' works without
    complain. What's going on here?

Thank you very much in advance, at least for reading so far.

Bertram

--
Bertram Scharpf
Stuttgart, Deutschland/Germany