Re: RFS: kdiff3 - compares and merges 2 or 3 files or directories

martin f krafft wrote:

> > For merging two files (A and B), it opens a third plane where you
> > can adopt version A or B for every differing part of the file.
> > You'll find screenshots here: http://kdiff3.sourceforge.net/
>
> Nice. Do people know about something like this for the console, or, if
> it has to be graphical, for GTK?

"Meld" is a similar tool for GTK/GNOME:

  http://meld.sourceforge.net/

imediff2 (console), xxdiff (graphical), and tkdiff (graphical) appear to
be similar, but I haven't tried them myself.

The "vim" editor has some but not all of these features..  To access
them, use vimdiff(1) or the "diff" settings within vim.  It's available
in both console and GTK versions (and others).