Re: [HELP] update-alternatives

        Hi,

On Sun, Feb 27, 2005, Arnaud Vandyck wrote:
> I suppose I can add a condition in the for loop but I don't know *what*
> I have to test. Can I do something like:
>
> (for loop)
> if [ -f /usr/lib/kaffe/bin/$file ]
>    update-alternatives --remove $file /usr/lib/kaffe/bin/$file
> fi
> (end of the for loop)

 Just call --remove on all files you know might have been registered,
 and ignore any error, with "|| true".

> Also, I don't know why the javadoc alternative (and the javadoc kaffe
> manpage) are not removed...

 It depends on how they were registered, if they were registered with
 --slave, they will be removed too.

   Regards,

--
Loïc Minier <lool@dooz.org>
"Neutral President: I have no strong feelings one way or the other."